Audition applications should be made directly to the student office of the Hochschule für Musik Mainz. The application form (Antrag auf Zulassung zur Eignungsprüfung) can be downloaded from www.musik.uni-mainz.de.
When completed it should be posted to the address on the form, along with:
- Certified copy of previous academic achievements (e.g. Bachelor’s degree plus supplements/transcripts).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Audition programme.
- Repertoire list of significant works already studied.
- Examples of at least one year’s professional work experience (e.g. concerts, teaching, competitions).
- Two stamped self-addressed envelopes (C4).
- An application to study must also be made to the Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz.
Important for applicants with foreign certificates:
An application for the recognition/validation of foreign certificates must be made to the International Admission Office of the Johannes Gutenberg-Universität. Please be aware that this process can take up to 6 weeks to complete. The fee for the recognition/validation of foreign certificates is € 60.00.
The deadlines for the audition application at the Hochschule für Musik Mainz are:
Summer semester 1 November
Winter semester 1 April
This is required for the - also essential - application at the Johannes Gutenberg-University Mainz.
Deadlines for this are:
Summer semester 1 March
Winter semester 1 September